• Beginn
N

Nevin

Mitglied
Vorname
Eoghan
Traktor/en
Zetor 6211
Hello there, I am having some on and off issues when starting tractor.

If not started for a whole it starts right on the button, but if turned off and then few minutes later try to restart nothing is happening when button is pressed.

Could take 10 minutes before it works and starts right up.

Any ideas or things to check and rule out ?

Thanks

I believe that the Magnet from the starter didnt go back after start. So the will getting hot while tractor is running and u have to wait till its cooler and than the starter works again

I think u can hear/feel it on running engine.
There is an elektric magnet that pushes the gearwheel of the starter to the engine gearwheel at you push the button. So if the magnet or the axle stuck your engine will turn your starter while running. Maybe its only an dirt issue.
Best would be that you remove the starter and clean it. Thats pretty simple, 3 screws and some wire

Hi all, finally got around to checking the starter.

Has been starting tractor okay lately, odd time nothing happens when start button is pressed

Removed it from tractor and connected it up to battery as in above video and nothing happened. Made sure it was getting 12V and then linked the large battery terminal input to small ignition wire and still nothing.

Bad solenoid ??

Thanks

Hi Nevin,
Please check Voltage at the cable that sits on the starter pin. Are there 12v if u press the button?

2nd pls pull the starter button cable off the starte and bridge from the positiv (big red cable on starter) to the switch pin.
If this is not working und magnet switch inside is broken.
In the repairmanuel u can see how to repair your starter

Other things u can check:
Is the short cable ok (from the top part of starter to body)
Try to hit it softly with a hammer while you push the putton.

I think best way to fix it is taking it apart or maybe better, ba a new, gearbox starter. Its not that expensive and works realy well. Starts easier cause of more rpm

Please check Voltage at the cable that sits on the starter pin. Are there 12v if u press the button?
Yes 12V coming from start button.
2nd pls pull the starter button cable off the starte and bridge from the positiv (big red cable on starter) to the switch pin.
If this is not working und magnet switch inside is broken.
Yes tried this, bridged them and nothing happens. Switch broken inside the solenoid ?
Other things u can check:
Is the short cable ok (from the top part of starter to body)
Yes seems fine
Try to hit it softly with a hammer while you push the putton.
Tried this per video above, nothing happening. I think it is the solenoid

One other thing, it tried to start fine before i removed the starter from tractor. Then tried the tests like in above video with starter off the tractor. Nothing happened at all. However I reinstalled the starter onto the tractor and when i went to connect the battery leads back onto battery the tractor tried to start ! even though start button wasn't pressed! Any ideas ?

Thanks

Its not to complicated to remont a starter magnet and look inside, clean them up und try a new test.
For my 1964er Trabant I did this many years ago and the starter is working since up today... :)