Frage Zetor 6211 - repair rear axle (EN)

N

Nevin

Mitglied
Vorname
Eoghan
Traktor/en
Zetor 6211
Hi, new here, I'm from Ireland so I speak English but I use Google translate here.

I have a Zetor 6211 and back right wheel bearing is making a bad noise.

Is there anyone that could walk me through (pictures would be great) changing the bearings.

So

# 1 - Is there any tips fro removing the KM11 Locknut as I wouldn't have any special tool for that.

#2 - if I can remove that nut is there a second nut (looks like another of the same nut on drawing )

# 3 - Once I remove the nut / nuts does he whole shaft slide out? If so is the inner bearing changed while shaft is out or from behind the portal?

I have attached the picture of the whole setup from my zetor book.

Thanks so much.
Nevin

Du hast nicht die nötigen Rechte um Anhänge (Bilder, Dateien) anzuschauen.
Bitte registriere dich jetzt oder logge dich mit deinem Account ein um Anhänge betrachten zu können.

Anhänge

Bitte registriere dich jetzt oder logge dich mit deinem Account ein um Anhänge betrachten zu können.
Hello Nevin,

nice to hear from you. No problem, we can speak some english, I hope enough to talk about your workshop challenges.
I am at the same work on my tractor. One side is already done, from the other side I can sed you some pictures today or tomorrow.

Are you sure that the bearing 49 and 50 are the problem? I think the two numbered 48 are the foulty ones. They are not below the oillevel and because of that bad lubricated. To cange them you have to remove the whole Axlegearbox with brakes from the tractor dismantle everything you see in your picture and replace the bearings 48 with a hydraulic press.

To #1 and #2 the nuts are easy openable with a hammer and a skrewdriver. They are screwed against each other to adjust the bearing force of the tapered roller bearings. There are loking plates betwen the nuts to holt the nuts in place securely.

To #3 Yes the whole shaft comes out. You have to open the gearbox and catch the big gear and some distance parts.

Then the problems will start. Removing the outer bearing from the shaft is not that easy but possible, I can show you some pictures later.

Greetings from Germany
Andreas

Hello to Ireland and welcome Nevin! :)

# 1 - Is there any tips fro removing the KM11 Locknut as I wouldn't have any special tool for that.
You need something like this:

BGS tools number 8542

But before you disassemble everything, you should try to readjust the bearing. They are tapered roller bearings and they have to be readjusted from time to time, just like on the front axle if it is not a 4x4.
Often the noises of bearing play come from wear.

If the bearings are in order, it is usually the upper ball bearings of the upper shaft, these sometimes get too little oil for lubrication and then they suffer.

Once I remove the nut / nuts does he whole shaft slide out? If so is the inner bearing changed while shaft is out or from behind the portal?
Yes, the flange shaft can then be pulled out and the large gear can be removed to then dismantle the bearings.

But you also have to loosen the bearing cover on the outside beforehand.

Anhänge

Hi Andreas,

Are you sure that the bearing 49 and 50 are the problem?
Yes I think so as I can hear the bearing loudly right inside the wheel hub. That leads me to the outer bearing anyway, right ?

To #1 and #2 the nuts are easy openable with a hammer and a screwdriver.
Is there enough access to get a screwdriver in to open them? Are the overly tight or just a few taps and open?

To #3 Yes the whole shaft comes out. You have to open the gearbox and catch the big gear and some distance parts.
Do i have to do this if I'm not going after the upper bearings ie 48

Then the problems will start. Removing the outer bearing from the shaft is not that easy but possible, I can show you some pictures later.
Thanks they would be a great help to me.

Finally do I need a press or any special tools to swap out 49 and 50.

As far as you know does the replacement gaskets come with the bearing kit ?

Thanks
Nevin

Hi Joachim

I believe it is the lower bearings as I can hear the outer one just inside the tyre.

Yes, the flange shaft can then be pulled out and the large gear can be removed to then dismantle the bearings.
But you also have to loosen the bearing cover on the outside beforehand.
Could you detail this a bit more (maybe a picture )

When the shaft is pulled out, are the bearings changed when shaft is out and then slid back in or are each bearing inserted onto the shaft when it is in place?

Finally how would i get the tapered outer bearing off the shaft?

Thanks
Nevin

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Are there are previous topics dealing with this? Or any recommended videos

Thanks

Hi i am in trouble with my zetor 6211 rear wheel bearing removal

I jacked it up and removed the wheel. I have opened up the back cover and removed the KM11 bolt, the locking washer, then the 2nd KM11 bolt and 2nd locking washer. Then the tab washer. I then loosened the front bearing cover's 4 bolts and when I went to tap out the shaft. Nothing.

It rocks in and out a bit but will not budge. I was told it should slide out now.

I have tried pressing it out threaded bar and nuts etc etc. It feels like the inner bearing is holding it in.

Should the shaft slide out through the bearing or should be bearing slide out along with shaft ??

Please help asap as i am stuck badly.

Hello Nevin,

it would help when you attach some pictures so we can better see what you mean - out mother language is German and technical Englisch is not as easy. ;)

Sorry for the late answer, because of the good weather i had no time to work on my tractor in last days and weeks.
Here the pictures of the demounted axle:

You have to remove the whole axle with the outer bearing on it. That should go verry easy. I think you forgot to lose the four allen screws on the outer bearing cover.
To remove the bearing from the axle i used four treaded rods to push it off as you can see on the picture.
To mout the new bearing on an easy way I put them in the Kitchen-oven at 120 Degrees Celsius for 10 minutes then I could push it without trouble back on the Axle.

Anhänge

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet:
No problem thanks Andreas. I got it fixed soon after that. No I loosened them bolts, the problem was the outer bearing has come apart and the "balls" has become loose and had one or two of them had lodged against the outer cover, therefore they would not allow the shaft to pop out.

Opened the bottom portal 10 bolts and was able to get them out 1 by one and pop the shaft out. Job went fine after that.

Thanks,
Nevin