Frage 7045 Steering

P

pycoed

Mitglied
Vorname
John
Traktor/en
Du hast nicht die nötigen Rechte um Anhänge (Bilder, Dateien) anzuschauen.
Bitte registriere dich jetzt oder logge dich mit deinem Account ein um Anhänge betrachten zu können.

I have a problem with steering assistance on my 7045 & need to reseal my steering booster servo. Whilst trying to identify the problem & sitting turning the steering to right & left I noticed some play in the left top steering knuckle. I think I probably need to adjust or replace the bearing (no. 18 in the drawing). I would appreciate info from anyone who has done this job:

Once I take the wheel off & remove parts 1,2,3,4,5,6 & the shims 12, pivot 16 & seal 17, the inner race & taper rollers of the bearing should come out. My question is how to remove the outer race? I assume it is a nice press fit, but what locates the race in position? Can it be tapped up without dismantling/removing the driveshaft joints? Can I use a puller with “inside legs” from above ? How is it removed normally?

Anhänge

Bitte registriere dich jetzt oder logge dich mit deinem Account ein um Anhänge betrachten zu können.
This One?

Anhänge

No - it's number 18 in the drawing above that I think is out of specification it sits underneath the steering lever housing

Number 17 s the complete bearing and number 18 is a rubber seal...

You can weld a iron at the outer ring to easy remove it.

OK - thanks Joachim - i know about shrinking a race by welding/cooling - I was wondering if there was an even simpler way! I'm old, so jobs which were simple even 10 years ago become a big issue these days - tempus fugit.